Thursday, May 5, 2011

When Kate comes to town....

I got to cook for two of my favorite people on Sunday... my sister and my husband. For some reason when Kate is here I can't help myself. I think its the level of appreciation I recieve from both of them - again, one of those self satisfying things. I think I have come to the conclusion that for me, cooking is a fairly selfish thing... even though one of my main motivators is that I like feeding people. And there it is again, its about the fact that I like feeding people.

So we had a Sunday feast, as people should on a Sunday. Go ahead and be productive or active or whatever makes you feel like you've achieved something in the morning, but Sunday afternoons should be all about doing nothing... or in our case, eating.

Anyhow, lets get to why we're all here... the pictures.

Please note: Food was consumed in small quantities and over a long period of time to avoid any abnormally large food babies.

Melon and proscuitto:


 Homemade ciabatta with oven dried tomatoes and pecorino


 Baked zucchini with homemade ranch (in a nusery ryhmes bowl!)


 Mushroom ravioli with tomato cream sauce


 Beet ravioli with olive oil and parmesan


 Beef carpaccio with rocket and parmesan


 Chilli prawn ravioli with pea and mint sauce


 Pork and fresh fennel ravioli with brown butter and sage sauce

3 comments:

  1. Can my name be Kate so you can cook for me?! This looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Diane, can i be your sister too so i can eat this scrumptious food! Looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you come to our place you have to cook like that every night:)

    Looks great!!!

    Love Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete