Monday, April 25, 2011

Stranded and aimless

It sounds dramatic, but really it isn't. It is Easter Monday and we were booked to head back from Nelson to Wellington this morning. The fog that surrounded Nelson airport (and really nowhere else) had other ideas. It didn't take long for our flight to be cancelled and it took even less time to learn that there were no available seats until Wednesday afternoon. So this post comes to you from the South... plan free, care free and... exhausted. It has been a busy weekend up until now..... party preparation and secret squirrel cake making was the name of the game.

This party wasn't all about cake though and I find the following pictures equally as drool-worthy as any cake:



So what do I say about this cake? After it being suggested to me that I do a bunch of small cakes, I found this idea online and decided it was something different and fun for a birthday cake. I really liked it, and amazingly (with the help of the family), I managed to keep this cake a secret which for those that know my mother-in-law, is quite impressive. Suffice to say she was stoked and ended up sending some of the cakes off with people as little 'gifts'... very sweet:


Its time for a nap, and its Easter Monday - you all need to get back to your naps too. Happy Easter people!

No comments:

Post a Comment