Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today's post is brought to you by the letter H

And H is for Holiday! For those observant ones out there, I did not do my usual weekly Sunday post, it is now Tuesday ( I think) and I am only just getting around to it. Despite my holidaying in fabulous Tasman Bay I have been on some fairly significant cake adventures and I certainly did learn a few things regarding the weather and working with large volumes.

Despite spending my first week of holiday making my cousin's wedding cake (which deserves a post all of its own later this week... it was an event in itself) I did manage to do, eat and see some cool things which I figured I might share just for a bit of variety.


One of my favourite places on the planet... the deck of my parents house, and here looking out from it with some interesting clouds and sunshine happening:



And just on a beautiful day (and me showing my face!)....


 Naturally feasting on good eats was also rather prominent and my parents 37th wedding anniversary was a great excuse. A generous mother-in-law provided this for the party:





And I ventured into a different style of cake... cheesecake, pumpkin pie cheesecake to be more specific:



Now, it is not a complete trip back to Tasman Bay without a bit of down-the-farm shooting, we even had a good excuse this time with needing to sight in my Dad's new rifle... but that didn't stop everyone having a turn and doing a little skeet shooting as well. I could tell you this next picture is a result of my amazing skill, but really this is courtesy of my husband. I'm pretty good, but not quite this good... shot at 120m:




And as a mild segway into my next post, we went out to my uncles property in Ruby Bay for a pre-wedding BBQ. Here is an evening shot of the marquee and looking out into Tasman Bay.... the colours aren't as fabulous in the picture but you get the idea:



Still another few days to go until we are back in Wellington, but it is set to be more of the same... swimming, sunning, eating and spending time with good peoples. In fact not long and we will be heading over to Golden Bay for dinner at the new Ratanui Lodge which happens to be run by my sister's friend from Alaska.... it is a seriously small and wonderous world.

I will need a quiet moment to gather my thoughts and put something coherent together to describe this last cake experience. I'm excited to show you the pictures of the cake and hope that this post will suffice for now.... see you all again very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel, check out this:http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food/galleries/g/-/8838635/4/worlds-most-amazing-food-creations/.
    Can't wait to talk more about food!

    ReplyDelete