Sunday, February 27, 2011

Breaking the cycle

I have mentioned before, in various ways, that while making a cake I have (at least) a moment where things go pear shaped, dramas happen, and I have a small litter of kittens. So far, I have always managed to resolve said issues and come out with something I am happy to hand over.

This week I had two cakes, both due today.... do I still have hair you ask? I am rather sleepy and things aren't making complete sense in my brain... I've rewritten most of the sentences I've written so far. To my complete surprise and amazement, I have for the very first time, broken the cycle!!! Two cakes and zero drama.... I am mildly dumbfounded when I stop to think about it.

I won't harp on any longer about how fabulous it was to make two cakes in one week and not experience any form of craziness throughout the process. I had been under the impression that this was going to be a fairly set and consistent part of each cake... I was even becoming quite accepting of it.

I have three cakes coming up in March, so it will be interesting to see if drama is still my uncomfortable friend or I have broken through to a new realm of my adventures... hmmm.

Now for the fun part, here are the cakes of the hour:








1 comment: