Sunday, January 2, 2011

Why are we here?

It's the first blog post... I am a little nervous. I have never been a particularly witty or creative writer (as I thought you had to be to have a blog), more often unnecessarily long winded. So I ask myself, what do I want to achieve from this?

I know I want to share my cakes with people who are interested... thats the lovely part at the end of each cake. And maybe after seeing what I can do you will want one for yourself and flick me an email. BUT... at this early stage in my cake design career I claim to only know little and have a long and winding learning curve ahead of me.

I'm not sure if its entertainment value, educational or my own form of cake designing therapy but I've decided I want to show the process behind that final product. All the ups and downs, successes and failures, and moments of insanity. The world of 'fake it 'till you make it' confidence is not a place I live. I've never been able to be anything other than a realist when it comes to my own talents and work. So I've realised that this voyage of discovery I seem to be constantly on is just as important to me as the cake that results from it.... so why not share. Only showing the finished product is a bit like only reading the end of the story... the happily ever after.

So on we go, off into the great cake unknown... one post at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Come on then. Show us your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome post, looking forward to reading more updates from such a passionate person as yourself towards cakes: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAKE IDEAS
    - chocolate peppermint
    -white chocolate and caramel swirl

    -vanilla with a caramel and rasberry swirl
    -vanilla with rasperry/boysenberry swirl

    (am loving the marble look)

    ReplyDelete